Requirement for special uniforms for safety of soldiers deployed on borders / field areas in the country is assessed regularly and provision for introduction of new items / improved version of existing items is made as per prescribed procedure.
HOT NEWS ...
- 7th Pay Commission & Employee News: अब नहीं बनेगा पे कमीशन
- Successful completion of 43 Indian Navy officers including seven Coast Guard officers of the 84th batch of Marine Engineering Specialization Course
- Exemption of Road Toll Tax to Defence Civilians
- 7th CPC recommendations to reduce House Rent Allowance
- Family Pension to Divorced Daughters
Thursday, January 11, 2018
There is no such proposal. However, vide Ministry of Defence letter dated 17.11.2017, divorced daughter is now eligible for ordinary family pension for life subject to fulfilment of the following conditions:-
When widow / widower of Defence personnel and eligible children below 25 years of age have ceased to be eligible to receive family pension and there is no disabled child to receive family pension.
Divorced daughter was dependent on defence personnel / pensioner or his / her spouse i.e. if decree of divorce had been issued by the competent court during life time of at least one of the parents or even the divorce proceedings had been filed in a competent court during the life time of the personnel / pensioner or his / her spouse but the divorce took place after their death.